For those folks who read my blog as an RSS feed, Â or those who read it with an older browser (such as Internet Explorer 5.0 or less, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.0, or others), you won’t notice much of a change, but if you are looking at this page or others with a newer browser, you should be seeing some interesting changes: mainly the fonts for the headlines and body type. How did I do this? I’ve been playing with the typekit service (www.typekit.com — if you don’t see anything yet, it’s because I got an early invitation. They’ll be going live for the general public soon, I think.Â ), which has started Â to post web fonts for those people designing and building web sites, as well as the browsers that can see them, and they’ll be offering a free account with 2 fonts on a single URL. I decided to use the font Â “M+ 1c” for the headlines and “Droid Serif” (which is actually one of the fonts designed for onscreen reading on the Google Android OS) for the body copy. Â I probably will need to tweak some other settings and CSS (Comments and a few other items in the content areas are still showing up in Georgia), but overall, I’m intrigued with the prospect of web sites and blogs that use fonts other than the 6 or 7 that we’ve been seeing regularly for the past 10 years or so. I hope this does catch on, as I think it could spur a renaissance in web design. In the meantime, it’s always a thrill to be an early adopter and catch some of this at the beginning.